Thursday, January 7, 2016

High as the Sky.

Just because it's 25F outside, doesn't mean your outfit can't be hot (;




Hey guys! For the first OOTD of the new year, I wanted to pair these gorgeous boots (featured here in my Christmas Sales & Finds post) with an outfit that could be worn day or night. 


Thigh high boots have always been sexy in my book. They add class, style, and an edge to an outfit that not a lot of other shoes can. I wanted to keep the sex appeal alive in the outfit, but tone it down just enough so it would be appropriate for my day-to-day life.


 Chunky knits are always a good way to make an outfit A) more casual and B) more stylish. Oversized sweaters are effortlessly chic (see any Céline runway show), and this particular one is the perfect length to double as a dress. 


I paired a simple white slip with the sweater for two reasons.

  1. I love the contrast between delicate silk and chunky knitwear. 

2. The sweater came up a bit too high, and nobody needs a dress that short. haha!


The wool scarf was a last minute decision as it helped tie in the black boots so they didn't look too harsh against the rest of my outfit. Also, it really was about 25F out, no way was I leaving the house without a scarf.


Did you know it is just as important to wear sunglasses in the winter as it is in the summer? Especially if there is snow in your area! 

The sun is just as harsh as it is in the summer, and snow only intensifies the rays. My solution? Buy ALL the sunglasses. These are the new YSL ones I featured in my Christmas Sales & Finds post. 

They are extremely different than my go-to aviators, and I'm excited to start wearing them more!


Most people know that I don't often buy costume jewelry for myself. It's hard to justify 20+ bucks on something that is as big as a nickel.

My lovely brother bought me a bunch of midi rings for Christmas, and I could not stop going on about them. They are the perfect final touches on any outfit. 

I believe these are from World Market and came in a pack of 10- a steal!


How do you guys style taller boots? Let me know in the comments below! 

Until Next Time,

Emily

1 comment:

  1. pg soft game online ด้วยคุณภาพและความสนุกที่มาพร้อมกับเกมของพวกเขา PG Soft เป็นนักพัฒนาเกมที่มีชื่อเสียงในวงการเกมออนไลน์ โดยเน้นไปที่การสร้างประสบการณ์เกมที่น่าตื่นเต้น

    ReplyDelete

);