Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Sales & Finds


"These are a few of my favorite things..."

 I don't know about you, but I'm always quite sad when Christmas comes to an end. The festive build up has come and gone, and all that is left is trash bins full of used wrapping paper. 

In this post I wanted to share some things I received for Christmas, as well as some amazing deals I found while doing my post-holiday rehab: Christmas Sales Shopping. 

Shop here.
The main store I went to this year was Ann Taylor's The Loft. While a majority of people think the store is for the prepsters, I say it's all about how you wear it. 

I found three gorgeous sweaters here all under 30 bucks with their sales. These will become basics in my closet, and are a great transitional piece. I think 2016 might be the year of pink for me- more so than it usually is. (;

Shop here.
I swear that everyone, yes I mean everyone, looks great in at least one shade of pink. It highlights the warmth in your face, and creates a beautiful glow. Man or woman, pink just lightens up the outfit and creates a beautiful staple.

Similar here.
The next piece is a twist on a blanket scarf. Long hanging sides create a lovely silhouette while the back is cut short so the wearer isn't buried in fabric! Which, if you tend to be on the petite side with me, is something to be cautious about.

Shop here
The last sweater I found is this gorgeous oxblood shade. I've been trying to buy pieces that are unlike any other thing I have in my closet, and this is another shade I just didn't have. All of the sweaters I found really have amped up my basics game- which as you guys know, I love a minimal style.

Shop here.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a hard time finding a good denim jacket? One that isn't too fitted, but isn't so baggy that is makes you look like a box? Well, I just solved that problem.

 This jean jacket is a perfect layering jacket- roomy enough that I can layer it over my sweaters and it not be too tight.

It is still a bit boxy, as I always have a hard time finding a slim enough jacket that fits my broad shoulders- but alas, who really can find a perfect fitting jacket that isn't tailor made? (If for some reason you can, show me your ways!)



I'm a bit late on this trouser trend, aren't I? Oh well. This pair aren't quite culottes, but not quite a standard trouser. One thing is for certain, Zara makes a damn good, wide-legged trouser. 
Similar here.

Whether you are into heels, or flats, or both these will look good with anything. Can you say pink sweater, these, and some leopard print loafers? I can (;

These next couple items were given to me as gifts. Before I go on, I should probably add this:

* I, in no way, am bragging, showing off, or flaunting. I find it quite fun to be nosey and see what others received for Christmas, and hope you do too. I am extremely grateful for what was given to me. * 

Shop here.

Shoes are something I don't always spend money on, I don't know why I don't spend money on them, but I don't. This year I asked my parents for these fabulous boots from Jeffrey Campbell X Anthropologie. I am in love. They comfortable, soft, and sky high.

If thigh high isn't your thing, I say skip these. However, JC X Anthro have a lot of cute knee high boots out and you should definitely check those out!
Similar here.

Cute tennis shoes for the new year? Check. Let's get real, I'm not a runner. I've tried hard for these past 21 years to be one, and I'm over it. This year, I'm focusing on my Yoga and my daily walks- another post on that soon.

However, just because I'm not a runner doesn't mean I can't have cute tennis shoes! These were given to be by my grandparents, and they are too cool.

The shoes are extremely sturdy and well- made. The majority of the shoe is leather, ensuring a longevity I am looking for in all of my clothing pieces.

Holy Sunglasses, Batman. These babies are my favorite thing I've found in all the shopping I've done recently. I've been looking for a pair of designer sunglasses for a long while now, something unique and fun. YSL answered my call. 

Similar here.

These gorgeous cat-eyes have the "chameleon effect," meaning they look like a different color in different lights. They change from a gorgeous olive green to an amber shade that compliments the red in my hair.

Excitement doesn't even begin to explain my emotions towards these (!!)
Similar here.

This next gift is extremely special. It was given to me by my boyfriend's mom, and I'm in love with it. Not only is it a beautiful cloche, but the sentimental value is something I'll always cherish. I don't plan on going into all the details of the hat, as it's personal, but I did want to share a couple pictures of it here.

Similar here- I'm sure the one I have is still in stores.

Beanies are always a great, stylish staple in the winter and I always have a hard time finding them. Mind you, I have a large head so they tend to always be a bit too tight. Target came through with a perfect, camel colored beanie that I've already worn at least 3 times in the week I've had it. My next goal is to find the same one in black, wish me luck! 
Shop here.
 Quick, get a notepad and a pencil and write this down: Luxury Plush Foot Duvet. These slippers are a staple in my family, and this year I was lucky enough to receive my own pair. They come from Restoration Hardware, and if you have ever felt any of their plush blankets or robes, you'll know how soft they are.

They look like mini sleeping bags for your feet, and they feel like you are walking on the clouds. I never thought I was a big slipper person, but boy was I wrong.



These last couple things are all reading material, and, like everyone else, in 2016 I will be challenging myself to read more. If you are anything like me, technology has started to shorten your attention span. Sad, but true. Luckily, books help combat that problem.

I'm currently reading Empress of Fashion, and am loving every minute of it. D.V. is my inspiration after all.

Shop here.
Shop here.


(If anyone doesn't know by now, I'm slightly obsessed with Harrison Ford and I screamed when I received this as a gift.)

Have you found anything you love in the sales? Any stores having major sales I should know about? Let me know in the comments below! As always, see what I am up to on IG and Snapchat: @emilyorourke22

Until Next Time,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

);