Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Talkin' Body.

"You don't have to change a thing, the world could change it's heart..."- Alessia Cara


We all have those days. Those days where nothing looks right on, our hair isn't doing what we want, and our eyeliner isn't perfectly symmetrical. And instead of taking it out on the piece of clothing, the cold air that is making our hair dry, and the makeup, we take it out on our bodies. 



"Ugh, if I was five pounds thinner."

 "I wish my hair wasn't so thin."

 "If only my eyes were a bit bigger."

"Why can't I look like her." 

We are a society of extremes. I mean look at us. One side you have selfie-lovin' Kim K and then you have the self-depreciation that makes us the top country for Eating Disorders. On days that I really am not feelin' myself, I like to get in tune with some mindfulness. 

What is mindfulness? Mindfulness is when we pay attention to our thoughts, our ideas, and what we are feeling in that moment. Are we anxious? Stressed? Happy? Sad? Pondering these emotions can make us understand ourselves better.


On days where nothing seems to be going alright, reciting mantras can be a helpful tool to calm yourself down. I'm positing a bunch for you guys to read because I want you to find what helps you. Mantras are extremely personal, and some may not resonate with you. So in order to increase the chances,  I'm also linking some of my favorite mindfulness sites.

1. Your Kick-Ass Life
2. Play Like a Girl


Do you guys practice mindfulness? What mantra is your favorite?

Until Next Time,

Emily





No comments:

Post a Comment

);