Saturday, October 31, 2015

Don't Kill My Vibe.

"I got my drink I got my music I will share it but today I'm yellin' bitch don't kill my vibe..."- Kendrick Lamar

Vibes. What does it mean? An older generation might know it as a shortening of the world "vibration." Well, besides that obvious meaning, the word has morphed into something entirely new in today's generation. 

Vibe. Vibes. Vibin'. 

In any "form" you put it in, the meaning stays the same. In fact it's not a meaning at all- it's a feeling. You know, that feeling you get when your just feelin' yourself? When the music is always good, and the coffee is just right? When your outfit makes you feel confident, and you are active enough to get that endorphin high? Well, I've realized when I do certain things, and listen to certain music, I can get in that "good vibration" mode. I wanted to share some of the things I do, wear, listen to, on those days when I'm vibin'.




Music is a constant in my day. I listen to it when I'm getting ready, and while I fall asleep at night. It sets the mood for my day, and helps me get hyped for the day ahead. These three artists are the top of my "most played" list lately!

Holy love child of Lana and Ellie Goulding. Halsey is my favorite musician at the moment, and I really don't think I'll ever be disappointed in her music. It makes me slow down, enjoy the moment, and get in this state of mind that is half way between tranquility and pure happiness. Dramatic? Maybe. But seriously listen to her and prepare to have your ears thank you. Some of my favorite songs? Colors, Strange Love, Control, and Young God.

This next songstress you've probably all heard of,  Alessia Cara. She's been popping up all over the music scene and celebs like my girl Tay Swift and Kylie Jenner have posted how much they are diggin' her tunes. She's a mix of soulful R&B/alternative and I can't get enough of her music. Currently, she only her EP is out, but I cannot wait for her debut album. Favorite songs? Here and Outlaw.

Lastly is an artist I found a couple days ago, though I'm positive I've heard her before...somewhere.  Melanie Martinez reminds of me of Kate Nash minus the British factor! Her lyrics are extremely honest and playful. Definitely one of the most unique lyricists I've heard in a while! Some favorite tunes? Crybaby, Carousel, and Soap.


Usually I don't think of earrings as particularly helpful when I'm trying to be mindful, but atlas these are. These are the "Healing" earrings from Alex and Ani, and they've helped keep my mind in a good place. They are supposed to helpful "soothing emotions and keeping anxious thoughts down." Now whether that's true or not, I treat them more as a "Hey, while these are in my ears, I need to remember to be calm, and that anxiety should not plague me." And so far, it's helped! I pop them in on hectic days to remind myself that everything is okay!


Another way I get into my zone is my morning routine of a good magazine and a cuppa joe. I personally take mine black, but really any way will do(;!  I recommend W, Harper's, and of course Vogue for some inspiration. Good coffee makes me happy no matter the place or time, and really boosts my mood. If coffee isn't your thing, a cuppa tea or any other favorite drink will do.


Lastly I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to get in my vibe during the day: activities. I'm not talking vigorous workouts- that's not my thing. Instead, I like to incorporate mindful yoga, walks, or even a hike into my daily routine. I do yoga once (or twice) a week at the studio, and on days I'm not doing that I go for a "centering" walk in the mornings. Just a time to focus on myself and how I am feeling. Give it a try with whatever type of activity makes you happy!

How do you get into your vibe? What else can I add to mine? Any suggestions? As always, follow me on Snapchat, or Instagram to see how I vibe out on a daily!

Until Next Time,

Emily
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

);