Monday, October 19, 2015

Top 5 Fashion Startups

"Started from the bottom now we here..."- Drake


Hey guys! This week's post is a bit different. I've been extremely busy with school work, and haven't been able to get out and shop around lately. So, in an unusual manner for me, I started to shop online. The history of online shopping is nothing like we have now. Now, shopping online allows everything shopping in person does minus physically touching the clothes. 

Now, I'm one to value unique pieces, ones that are minimalistic, but not everyone will have. That's where start up companies come in. For those who don't know, start ups are created to "fix" a certain problem, whether it is about cars, music, or in this case, fashion. My top five start ups are all unique, and are equally as great. If you still don't understand the concept of this type of company, no worries, you'll understand as you read on!

1. Colabination: The first start up I want to mention, is definitely a go-to. Colabination's mission is to help new streetwear designers emerge on the fashion scene. Colabination's site allows you to purchase some of these incredible designs from on the verge designers. Want to know what's going on in your city? Colabination's blog is written by fashion forward individuals from major U.S. cities. Their goal is to introduce the user (that's you!) to new brands in your city!

2. Style Cable: Like Colabination, Style Cable focuses on independent designers. However, while Colabination is focused on streetwear, Style Cable is focused on classic, timeless pieces. Style Cable allows you to shop their IG as well, which I find extremely helpful. Their goal is to eliminate the endless searching of something you "liked" online.

3. Gilt Groupe: Once again, I mention Gilt. Can't you tell I'm obsessed? I shall save you the same description that I mention in my previous blog post here.

4. Ink Box: Personally, I could never get a tattoo. The idea of something being on me forever freaks me out. I am constantly changing, and don't have a design, or phrase, I would want on me. However, Ink Box solves that. They created the "two week tattoo" that looks just like a real tattoo. The demand for these things is crazy high, so hopefully the company will expand in order to meet their demand.

5. Anthom: Anthom is a minimalist's dream. Their simplistic, clean cut clothes are from a range of talented designers. While the prices are higher, the quality is phenomenal. My wish list is ever growing when I browse these pieces ;D

Well guys, you heard it from me, these are the fashion start ups to watch in 2015-2016. Let me know if you guys check any of these out! Annnd what you purchase (; 

Until Next Time,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

);