Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tap That.

"Call me on the line, call me call me anytime..."- Blondie


There is nothing I love more than this notification: "your mobile device is eligible for an upgrade." It feels like Christmas! Well, besides the 300 dollars I spent on the device itself... 

With the upgrade came more storage, 48 GB more to be precise, and with more storage comes more apps! I personally love a good fashion app- I mean, who doesn't?! So today I thought I'd share my top 5 favorite fashion oriented apps for your phone! (Geared towards iPhone ;0 I know Androids have most of these apps, though.)



1. Gilt


Ah shopping. My favorite past-time. And shopping sales? My job description. Gilt.com's app for the iPhone is fab.u.lous. For those who haven't heard of Gilt, get this. It's a website dedicated to offers and sales of high-end clothes, shoes, accessories and more! Every day there are different promotions going on for designers ranging from Chanel to Jimmy Choo. The offers have a deadline however, so make sure you go check out the deals before they are gone!


 2. Instagram


I'm sure everyone knows of this lovely app. I'm on IG constantly, whether I'm posting #OOTDs or browsing the latest posts from designers, models, or other bloggers. The "discover" section allows for me to gain new connections, find people I know in RL on IG, and discover new fashion icons. Some of my favorite accounts are:


Don't forget to find me on IG: @emilyorourke22


 3. LookBook


The next app I have on my list is LookBook. LookBook is essentially an Instagram just for OOTDs. Just like IG, you can discover, follow, and "hype" looks from across the globe! LookBook does have guidelines for the posts FYI. They want the community to grow as a legitimate fashion tool, so please no selfies!

I sometimes share looks on here that I don't always blog, so keep yourself updated!  


 4. Vogue Runaway (Formerly known as Style)


Behold, the mecca of all things style. The app, formerly known as prince Style, is perfect for all your runway needs. Every fashion week I survive on this app! It's a perfect way to watch and track the shows when you don't have time to sit in front of your computer! Speaking of fashion week, there will be a blog post soon about my top collection from each location! Get prepared! But before then, download this app and find your favorite looks from the shows! 


 5. Villoid 


This last app is from fashion icon herself- Alexa Chung. Chung has created Villoid as a way for you to be inspired. The app reminds me of Polyvore, but it's even better. Offering the latest clothing from top designers, you can create inspiration boards to keep your ideas fresh! I've only just begun on this site, but I'm already addicted. In fact, I often find myself overwhelmed with ideas and choices! The app allows you to shop for the items you chose as well. Talk about a win! Snaps for Alexa.

(oh, what's my username on here you ask? emilyorourke22 ;p )



What apps are you loving? Any that you didn't see on here that I should check out? Let me know where to follow you! 

Oh! And find me on snapchat go keep up with my day to day: emilyorourke22 (I know, I know, total surprise on the name..)

Until Next Time,

Emily



1 comment:

);