Friday, September 18, 2015

Favorites Friday: Boots

"One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you..."

Boots



Hey guys! So the DMV (DcMarylandVirginia) has been privy to some lovely fall weather this past week, and I've been able to break out some of my favorite boots. I don't know about you guys, but boots are one of my favorite things about Autumn! Well, besides everything pumpkin...(;

Boots instantly make an outfit look put together. You can wear them with almost everything! The A/W 2015 shows boasted knee and thigh-high boots, and inspired retailers did not disappoint on that end! Above are some of my favorite styles that are available this season. 

As you might be able to tell, western wear has really inspired my choices for boots this year. They add an edge to any outfit, without going the leather jacket, biker boots route. Pointed toes, buckles, and wooden soles make me feel like I just stepped into The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. And who wouldn't want to feel like the badass cowboy Blondie (Clint Eastwood) everyday?! 

Along with my cowboy fantasies, 70's is still in play and I wanted to represent that in my favorites. Growing up, I loved watching Scooby-Doo. You know, the original ones? Without the pain-in-the-ass Scrappy-Doo? Well, the suede knee high boots make me feel very Daphne Blake (who, if you read my last blog post, you know I'm obsessed with). In fact, be prepared for a Halloween blog post, where I go as her! And that orange would match PERFECTLY with Velma's ensemble, don't you agree?

Last, but not least, basics always inspire me. Aesthetically simple designs always give me so much joy. In this Friday's favorites, you'll see boots that leave out the crazy and go with simplicity. I'm especially in love with Hunter's rain boots (!!) as they are practical when I'm marching across campus in the rain!

What is your favorite style of boots this season? Planning to get any of the above? Know of some that I would love to own? Let me know in the comments or on my Instagram!

Until Next Time,

Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

);