Thursday, September 10, 2015

Loud Mouthin'

"I've got that red lip, classic thing that you like..."


I'm a big believer in lipstick. I'm a big believer in the perfectly imperfect stains they leave on a coffee mug in the morning. I'm a big believer on kiss marks on a loved ones rear view mirror. I'm a big believer in the confidence that lipstick gives you.


Once the cooler weather rolls around, I hop back on the lipstick train. During the summer, I'm usually too worried about how bad the heat is making my hair look to worry about my makeup. Not to mention, I don't need to accentuate the sunburn (I usually have) with a red lipstick.

1. Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème in "Blow"


Bordeaux, lovingly known as "ox-blood," is returning to the scene this fall. Whether it's because it suits EVERY skin tone, or that it is the perfect dramatic look, expect to see it on every blogger you know. I was in dire need of a new Bordeaux shade so I decided on this lush color from Marc Jacobs' makeup range. It goes on smooth, and lasts all day. My only complaint is that it goes on a bit uneven. However, I'll be able to fix this via a lipliner base!


2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "Toast of New York"


Going down the lipstick line-up, we come upon a gorgeous orange-toned brown from Revlon. Revlon, in my opinion, has some of the best lipstick on the market. Thus proving you don't have to spend 30 dollars on a Marc Jacobs lipstick (unless, you want to treat yo' self!) to have a great quality product. Fall's burnt oranges always inspire me, especially in my eye makeup. However, I won't give too much away, that's for another post (;


3. Nars Audacious Lipstick in "Anna"


The middle of the road shade that I've been loving lately is from Nars. This lipstick lasts all day. Seriously. My aunt introduced me to this lipstick line, and I could not be happier she did! Unlike their other lipsticks, this range is semi-matte. It has a nice sheen without being too glossy, and isn't chalk like on the lips! This shade, as I best describe it, is a muted taupe/purple. It's extremely different and dare I say mature looking? However, it's extremely flattering and I wear it most days! In fact, I have it on now..(;


4. Clinique Different Lipstick in "A Different Grape"


Clinique is the first "real" makeup line that I started to wear when I was about thirteen. You know, those days when you beg your mom to let you wear some makeup and you get away with some gloss and mascara? Clinique is formulated for sensitive skin, which I most definitely have. I received this lipstick from one of the "gifts with purchase," and I am in love. This shade is definitely a Daphne Blake approved color.


5. Nars Satin Lip Pencil in "Rikugien"



Last, but not least. This is the lightest shade of lipstick I'm presenting to you today. It's a fabulous sheer nude by Nars and I wear it when I can't be bothered for a strong lip. These are usually days I wear a dark, Olsen inspired eye. This pencil is extremely hydrating, and I use it as chapstick when I forget my actual chapstick at home! I seriously suggest investing in one of these- if not the satin version, the velvet matte (which is equally as nice).



What's your go-to lipstick? Favorite dramatic color? Let me know in the comments below!

Until Next Time,

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment

);