Friday, August 21, 2015

Casual Friday

"Everybody's workin' for the weekend..."






As summer comes to a close, I've been experimenting with comfier outfits for the upcoming crazy semester. While most people prefer casual outfits over work or formal wear I tend to be the opposite. 


With my hectic schedule, including school, work, and internships, heels and form fitting skirts are not always the best choice. So as I'm cleaning out my closet for fall, I've been making notes of what staples I need to spice up my casual attire.


This lovely shirt is from Target, a go-to for basics on a college budget, and I'm obsessed. I've been getting into stripes lately (I know, I'm late on that trend bus), and love the various sized stripes on this top. The top also has two large slits on the sides that help break apart the t-shirt and create fabulous movement.


Before I forget, let's talk about my septum cuff. Yes, the bull ring that's hanging from my nose! This one is fake, and I absolutely adore it. It's a nontraditional statement piece that adds some major edge, and sparkle, to an outfit. I personally wouldn't get it pierced, as I like the option of taking it out, but if you are thinking of getting it done- do it! Rock it! 


Last season completely wore out my last pair of skinny jeans in a hole in the crotch kind of way..Anywho.. that means new jeans for the new season! I've never really tried Hudson's before, but while shopping around, I decided to try some on! I. Am. Obsessed. These are the Collin Flap if anyone would like to know! They are soft and have some stretch which make them extremely comfortable. I mean, pants suck so if society says we have to wear them, they might as well be nice quality! (;


Espadrilles have become my favorite summer shoe hands down. They are a bit more formal than my Birks and really finish off the look of an outfit. They are more comfortable than a ballet flat and a bit more breathable. I have these shoes in a nude/white mix and wear them just as much as these. 


Okay guys, I wanna know what your casual outfits consist of! I need some inspiration, and who better to ask than you (:


Until Next Time,

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Emily! I am obsessed with my Hudson jeans! I wear them with wedges. It's a great casual look.

    ReplyDelete

);