Thursday, July 16, 2015

Retail Therapy.

"If you're a Queen, you're powerless. So I'd probably demote myself and go shopping."- Helena Boham Carter


Sooo. I went shopping...yes yes I know. I should be saving money for this thing called college. But hey! There was a sale! 

This is going to be a new kind of post that you guys have not seen before- a haul! I thought I might give you guys an idea of what is out on the market right now, and how much I spent for it.


The first things I wanted to talk about were these GORGEOUS sweaters. Sweaters? In the middle of July? Yes. I have a self-proclaimed sweater addiction. What's great about these two is that they are so different than what is already in my closet- aka they aren't turtlenecks! haha

Anthropologie: $ 23.96
This first gorgeous find is from the Anthropologie tag sale! I happen to work there, and during my shift last week I saw this gorgeous sweater. It was the last one, and it was in my size! I bought it right after I got off. I love the texture of it. It is feminine and delicate, with a sheer finish. It will be a gorgeous piece to layer in the fall, and it's perfect for the summer heat too. Sadly it is no longer online, but there are plenty of similar styles!

Banana Republic: ~ $ 20.00
The next sweater I found is a gorgeous wide neck one from Banana Republic. I was shopping with my mom when we stumbled upon the 50% off sale and we were stunned! This sweater is the perfect cut, as it runs shorter in the front and dips lower in the back- creating a really flattering "oversized" shape. I quote oversized because it is still quite a tailored fit. I do not have the receipt for this transaction, but the sweater ended up being around 20 dollars. 


The next thing I'm going to show you guys are the tops I found! I've been wanting to add more texture into my wardrobe as well as find very basic pieces. These accomplish both those needs! Also, following up with my minimalism tips- when I buy a shirt (or in case three) I get rid of a shirt that I do not wear. This keeps my closet in check!

Banana Republic: ~ $ 15.00
This first tank is from BR, Banana Republic, and I adore it. It is apart of their petite collection, but I'm sure they carry it in standard sizes. The eyelet design breaks up the black material and gives the top definition and texture. Since the top is pretty see-through you can go one of two ways with it. 1. Wear a top or bandeau underneath that is black so it blends in with the top. 2. Wear a contrasting color, the other day I chose my neon pink bikini top, so it peaks through.

Anthropologie: $ 31.96

 The next top I found was also from Anthro, and I adore the fit. The sleeves come right before my elbow and take away the uncomfortable short sleeve feel. You know, where you think the sleeve is a bit tight on your arm and looks bad? Yeah it's totally gone! The denim look makes it perfect to pair with light wash jeans for a denim on denim look without the heaviness of a denim top. Yes, this price was a bit more expensive (for a sale item that is) but the quality and fit are amazing.

Banana Republic: ~ $ 15.00
The next top I want to share with you guys is very similar to the black one. However this baby pink adds the perfect amount of color to any outfit. It's slightly cropped, which allows for multiple looks. One being the one I wore in my newest OOTD 'Washed Out.' Another way I intend to wear it is layered over a black jumpsuit for a splash of color.


The last 'collection' I want to share is my odds and ends. Honestly, this could be an outfit itself! Hmm, maybe you guys will see this in an upcoming OOTD? 

Anthropologie: $ 63.96
All summer I have been looking for a white shirt dress and I found one at Anthro that fit my needs! It's the perfect mix of classy and sassy (; I love pairing this with a bright necklace or, more recently, my menswear inspired loafers below!

Zara: $ 25.00 
This scarf I picked up at Zara in Chicago, though I am certain other stores have it. I suggest it for anyone with my coloring, as it picks up the red tones in my hair and brights up my face! It makes me cry out for Autumn and all of it's colorful leaves. This is the perfect add on to an Army green jacket or dress! 

Nine West: $ 50.00
The last item I bought were these gorgeous loafers. I've been dying to find some menswear inspired shoes and this hit. the. mark. I mean really, look at them. Need I say more?

What have you guys found recently? Rushing to grab any of these items? Let me know! I love hearing about other people's finds (:

Until Next Time,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

);