Thursday, July 2, 2015

Minimalism.

Minimalism. 
What is it. How do I become a Minimalist. It just seems so hard.

No, this is not my closet. Only in my dreams.


Before I start, let me just say, I am no where NEAR a minimalist. But I would like to be.

Minimalism, talking only minimalistic fashion, is about narrowing down your closet to pieces you actually wear. Nothing else. This can be a bit scary! If you are anything like me, you are a bit of a clothes rat and store everything and anything you buy. "But, what if I wear it to (interest hypothetical occasion here)?" "What if I like how it fits when I loose or gain weight?" "What if I got it fixed, or patched it like this?" 

Once the crazy "what if" scenarios start playing in your head, it usually means that you need to get rid of that top, or place it in storage. 

Today I thought I would share with you my tips that I have found helpful on my track to a minimal closet!

1. Turn your hangers the other way around to see how much you are wearing it. This way, you know what you are actually wearing. So far, I've been doing this for about a month and have learned SO much about my closet. I've toss some, given some to friends, and stored some for sentimental reasons.

2. If you aren't wearing it, but it's a quality piece- store it. Say you spend 100+ on the item, do NOT give it away just yet. You might not dig it now, but you might love it again later! It's kind of like me and hummus- I eat it until I'm sick one day and then can't stomach it for a month.

3. Become a minimalist by season. It's the dead of summer, don't worry about winter now. That will only get you stressed and make you lose momentum!

4. Only get rid of as much as you what to. What's great about doing this yourself is that you have the say of what's minimalistic. It doesn't have to be like the closet I posted above, it can be whatever you want it to be. 30 pieces or 75 pieces, it's how YOU see it.


5. Mix and match things in new ways. This is the ultimate goal for Minimalism. Having a few great pieces that can be worn in different ways is what you want. Start practicing new ways to wear your pieces right now! You'll find it to be harder than it sounds, trust me:0


Does minimalism interest you? Are you planning on going minimalistic with me? To what extend is your #goals?


Until Next Time,
        
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

);