Wednesday, May 27, 2015

How to Style: Beach to Street

"Summer lovin' had me a blast..."


Hey guys! So it's that time of year again. Tans Sunburns, sleeping in, and pool parties. If you are anything like me, you like to keep it cute and simple when you are going from the beach (or pool) to a night out, or sangria supply runs. I thought I'd share three looks that might help inspire you for when you are going from the beach to the street this summer!



 Look One: Classy yet Sassy.


This look is for all my one piece lovin' babes. One pieces are coming back in style and soon it will become a staple for every gal's closet! This black, square neck swimsuit exemplifies class. However, the cut off 501s give the look a much needed edge! Hey, don't get me wrong, I like looking classy just as much as the next girl, but a good pair of cutoffs screams summertime babe.  


Oh where would I be without my Ray-Bans? (In the shade, probably)  These have been my go- to sunglasses for a while now and I fall in love with them every time I wear them. Something about the classic shape gets me. However, I do not recommend bringing any pricer sunglasses into the ocean with you- one bad wave and they could be lost forever. 


These espadrilles are my newest, and cheapest, find! Target has them for 25 bucks and I could not be more pleased. I originally bought them for work, but they are quickly becoming my go-to summer shoe. 


The hat, as well as adding an extra flair to the outfit, is a necessity for me in the summer. I burn easy, and this helps keep some sun off my face and neck. So this accessory is totally optional, but I recommend it (especially if you are rocking the Caspar skin like me!).


 Look Two: Night Out


This look as a real sexy, vamp vibe to it and I would personally wear this on a night out. The (faux) leather shorts give the outfit a layer of texture you usually don't come across in the summertime. Most think of leather, and black, as A/W traits but I say &%#* it! Mix it up and rock it.


This is seriously one of my favorite pieces I own. The velvet detailing, and navy color have me in awe every time I pull it out of my closet. Kimonos are always in season for the summer, and since this season has a real 70s vibe to it, they are all over the shops.


Lastly, I had to through in some layered chains for this look. As the bandeau top is quite revealing, adding some jewelry up top helps take away from the shock factor of a lot of skin. Never forget that accessories help make an outfit. Without (the appropriate use of) them, the outfit does not seem put together. 


Look Three: Boho Beauty


Ah, saved the best for last. This is my personal go to and favorite look for the summer. Lets start with the patterned bikini. Since the paisley is quite bright and out there, I kept the rest of the outfit quite simple! 


Since the bikini is also quite tasseled and beaded, this is a time where I do not put on multiple accessories. Necklaces and body chains, in my opinion, would start to make this outfit a bit of a hot mess. So instead, I threw on my trusty Panama hat. (Yes, I know, I need more hats..hah)


Beach pants and shawls are probably one of the best investments for summer. They give every look a down to earth vibe and create a flowy silhouette. I try to balance every outfit I have, so if there is a lot of skin on top, I throw on pants that cover more of my legs. In this case I also added a shawl because it emphasized the bohemian aesthetic. However, if you were not feeling both of these pieces, go for one or the other! I usually take a shawl to the beach so if I run into the hotel or house I can be a bit more covered up!

How do you guys style your beachwear? Also, stay tuned as this pale chick is getting a spray tan on Saturday and is praying she won't turn orange. 

Until next time (where I either will be perfectly tan or a carrot),

                 Emily


3 comments:

);