Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Legs for Days: Tip Tuesday


“Her legs are so long and sexy that I can see them 26.2 miles away."- Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title



Most of us, including myself, aren't blessed with mile long legs like Tay and KK are- excuse me while I cry for longer legs. However, fashion tricks and tips allow for the appearance of longer legs. Today I am going to share with you five of my favorite ways to make everyone think you could be the third leggy superstar in this photo.

1. Monotone: Wearing one solid color can immediately make you look longer, leaner and give the impression that you have long legs! Personally, I love wearing an all black wardrobe especially. The black is sleek and stylish! 


2. Heels: Obviously heels make your legs look lankier as well as help tone your leg muscles and glutes. If you are shorter, like me, avoid kitten heels and heels with ankle straps as it makes your legs look a bit short and stumpy- the exact opposite of what you want. Traditional nude pumps elongate your leg and give the best effect. Match the nude to your skin tone, as if you don't, it can look a bit off. 


3. Wide-Legged Pants: Wide legged pants, like bell bottoms which are so IN this season, can help you pins look long as well. However, do NOT forget to wear them with heeled shoes if they are long on you. If the wide leg is not perfectly tailored to your height, or to your height with heels, they will make it look as you are drowning in material. 


4. Vertical Stripes: Just as horizontal stripes make you look wider, vertical ones help stretch out your shape. I personally like to wear vertical stripes on dresses, or on a two piece set. This way the stripes are helping elongate your torso and your legs, which help stretch you out! However, if you aren't digging stripes on stripes, try just a striped skirt or pants- this way the illusion is focused on your legs and not your torso.


5. Crops: Just as I helped you style in my last post, crops (with minimal skin showing) help give the appearance of longer legs. By minimal skin I mean trying a high waisted skirt, or any other bottoms, with a cropped top. This way, the outfit gives the impression that you have a short little torso, and the rest of you is legs!


What are your tips to longer legs? Or are you blessed with long legs naturally? (If so, I'm totally jealous.)


Until Next Time,

Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

);